Johnson Aseidu Nketiah represented the National Democratic Congress (the plaintiff) as their General Secretary. The first defendant for the New Patriotic Party was absent and hence was represented by Samuel Tetteh. Godwin Tamakloe and Seth Nyaaba were the lead counsel for the plaintiff. Godfred Yeboah Dame, Deputy Attorney General and Clarence Kuwornu, Chief State Attorney also served as the lead counsels for the Defendant.
After the court proceedings, the Supreme Court Judges, presented the following reliefs:
The relief is granted subject to the fact that all voters are eligible to make themselves available for registration as directed by the Electoral Commission pursuant to Public Elections (Registration of Voters) (Amendment) Regulations, 2020, C.I.126.
The relief is granted subject to the Voter Registration card issued to an eligible voter under the prevailing Constitutional Instrument C.I.126
The Court continued by re-emphasising the fact the Electoral Commission in exercising the discretion in the discharge of their constitutional mandate in cleaning the Voters Register should be deemed as authorised to be acting within the law and the regulations therein , and cannot be faulted even if it is considered there is more efficient mode or method available.
Despite the fact that the aforementioned verdicts have been given, the NDC still have the strongest hopes to win the upcoming 2020 elections based on the qualities they see in Mahama and the tangible promises he has given to Ghanaians. Let’s delve deep into some of the reasons Mahama will win 2020 elections after Supreme Court verdict on new voter registration exercises.
- Mahama is committed to restoring the automatic employment of Nursing Trainee Graduates.
- John Mahama’s commitment to the people of Ghana is to abolish the licensure examination for Trainee Teachers
- John Mahama will abolish the mandatory national service for College of Education Graduates
- It is dawned on John Mahama to establish university campuses in all regions, focusing on the six new regions of if he is elected as the President of Ghana
- Abolish the double-tract system in SHS and streamline the placement of JHS Graduates
- Expand SHS infrastructure and facilities to cater for expected increase in Free SHS admissions
- Restore the automatic employment of College of Education Graduates
- Improve teach motivation and ensure a conducive environment and a-one track qualitative learning experience for Free SHS Students.
- Maintain the payment of allowance to teachers and nursing trainees whilst in school
- Finally, he will create employment avenue for all Ghanaians.
This is what John Mahama can do should he be given the mantle of leadership to rule Ghana again. The author has expressed her point of view and it is expected that readers give their opinions in the comment box below and don’t forget to follow and share for more exciting news.